I’ve been working on web applications since the late 1990s – my first project was deployed to a global team of over 3000 technical support engineers. I started full-time web work in 2004 at a marketing firm and have continued evolving through the web field as the web itself has evolved. After a stint as a ‘working’ manager of web developers, I am back into full-time web development. In addition to web development work, I taught web development at DeVry University in the early 2000s (during which the Netscape 6 upgrade required a complete re-work of the class!)
When creating your website, I will:
- Optimize your website for Search Engines so it is easily found.
- Ensure it is accessible to all visitors by meeting W3C Accessibility Standards
- Add security features to reduce bot and spam activity
- Select a theme that is responsive to all devices/screens so your site can be viewed by everyone
- Set up Google Analytics for your site so you can understand visitor traffic
Work is completed on an hourly rate of $50 per hour. I will provide updates on progress and hours worked on a weekly basis. Smaller websites usually run between $500 and $1000.
Updates to versions of PHP, WordPress, Theme and Plugins are performed on a regular basis and can be billed on a monthly or per-hour basis.
Email is the best way to reach me. From there, we can meet in a coffee shop or library to discuss the website. Since I am employed full-time, I work on the websites in the evenings and on weekends.